March’s Winningpost Tips

Home Forums and Tips Winningpost Tips March’s Winningpost Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I will be looking at the jockey Oakley Brown’s three rides at Leopardstown today to see if I cannot get the thread off to a positive start. However I am working all day so the usual full update will have to wait until a bit later in the day. 🙂

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by adminMike. Reason: Spelling correction
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    The three runners I am looking at are Alighted, Mortal and Lunar party and I will take an each way double on Alighted in the 2.30 at 14-1 betting without Fakiera and Jon Snow along with Mortal in the 4.40 at 8-1.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Well lets hope that was not the way it is going to pan out over this month as the one ride I did not back Lunar Display duly won whilst both Oakley Brown’s other rides just missed out on the placings required for the double.
    That leaves us -1 point down at the start of this month which is not the ideal start. As for the usual update here are the results to date. 🙂

June’s best bet was obviously the Stratford each way double on the 18th with Impressive Duke 11-2 and Our Jerry 6-1 both winning.
    The total profit for June for the Winningpost team was +23.06 points.

July’s best bets were both on the same day with Bahlwan advised at 20-1 but winning at 14-1 at Down Royal and Mr Butler advised at 25-1 winning at 16-1 at Wexford.
    The total profit for July for the Winningpost team was +9.8 points. The bonus this month is that several new members signed up having made a pretty penny on the selections given out. 🙂

August’s best bet would have to be Majestic Maid advised at 10-1 but won at 20-1 due to best odds guaranteed being given on the race. Also Josephina advised at 14-1 taken at 9-1 but eventually won at 7-2.
    The total for August for the Winningpost team was a profit of +14.88.

September was a difficult month but we still came out just ahead of the game with a +5.1 point profit on the month but the only real winner of note was the back on the 15th at Ffos Las with Good Impression advised at 18-1.

October’s best bet undoubtably has to be October the 19th’s bet on Flow Away advised at 50-1 the night before and although subject to a huge 25& rule 4 was still a cracking winner and several members were on at big prices. 🙂
    This means we ended October on a decent looking +22.5 point profit for the month.

November’s best bets were most obviously Blaze A Trail winning at 20-1 on the 21st and Tremwedge being placed at 66-1 on the 17th.
    This left us with a decent enough +13.85 point profit for the month.

December’s best bet was the winning double taken on the 26th of December which consisted of Slate House at 7-2 and Epante at 4-1 which made December a profitable month finishing on +10.55 points which means by hook or crook we made a profit on every month in 2019. 🙂

January’s best bet was the win double on Caravation and Cash Back at Naas on the 4th of January. This was the main reason we came out on top this month and means although only +8.64 points to the good this time, at least we have kept our heads above water as we go into the new year.

February’s bets bets were Julies Stowaway who won at 6-1 on the 16th of the month whilst on the 20th Barangorou who was originally 150-1 was backed at 50-1 without the favourite/s and ended up placed. Unfortunately this still only left us with a paltry +1.5 points.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I am not sure whether I will be able to update this thread much before lunchtime today but there is the possibility of another each way double today by means of two of the following four runners from the Leopardstown meeting today.
    Scully’s Dream 1.15 16-1
    Ask Cory 2.55 25-1
    Gone Galavanting 4.00 25-1
    Two Shoe Tom 4.30 14-1
    I will be looking to back two of these without the favourite’s but obviously will have to wait for the extra markets to be published late morning. For those who follow this thread it may after yesterday be prudent to back the two I ignore. 🙂 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I have taken Gone Galavanting at 20-1 for 4 places along with Two Shoe Tom who is taken at 11-2 betting without both Power Of Pause and Run For Oscar.
    This will be the usual 1/2 point each way double.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Not a brilliant start to March and I go into Cheltenham a couple of points down 🙁
    However as I have a few days off I will hope to recover that during the week I will be watching the markets carefully for the following three
    1.30 Chantry House 19-4 5 places
    2.50 Mister Malarky 12-1 5 places 1/4 odds
    3.30 Darver Star 12-1 4 places
    4.50 Beakstown 11-1 5 places 1/4 odds
    I will be looking for an each way double today and any extra places you can get at the festival are worth waiting looking for.
    I will start the day off by taking a 1/2 point each way double on Chantry House at 19-4 for 5 places and Mister Malarky at 12-1 for 5 places but may well come back in again later in the day.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Chantry House was a decent third in the first race but the ground conditions probably got to Mister Malarky in the last but I will go in again with another 1/2 point each way double on Darver Star 12-1 for 4 places along with Beakstown 12-1 for 5 places.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Although the first each way double went down the second one came in and grabbed us a +5.8 point profit which means were +4.8 points up on the day.
    As for tomorrow I have my eye on another each way double (or two) but the most obvious is
    2.50 Carnardier 10-1 1/4 odds 6 places
    4.50 Theatre Of War 14-1 1/4 odds 5 places

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    The double on Carnardier and Theatre Of War came to grief when Carnardier fell but we will go in again with another 1/2 point each way double using Theatre Of War at 16-1 in the 4.50 at 1/4 odds 5 places along with Ferny Hollow 12-1 in the 5.30 for 4 places.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Theatre Of War was in third jumping the last but was run out of it on the run to the line.
    This leaves me one last option which is to take Ferny Hollow as a 1/2 point each way single at the 12-1 still availble for 4 places.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Well we got there in the end with Ferny Hollow winning for a +7.5 point profit which gives us a +5.5 point profit on the day and means we are now +8.3 points up for the month. 🙂
    I will do the usual and cherry pick tomorrows bets form the selections listed on the 100-1 shot accumultor on the Cheltenham Countdown thread.
    There are five selections there for tomorrow and we will take an opening punt tonight on an each way single on Saint Sonnet at 25-1 in the opening race.
    There will be more bets during the day but I will need to check the markets first.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by adminMike.
    GeeSportGeeSport
    Participant

Hi Mike
    Nice win yesterday after all those placed horses over the first two days any doubles for today. ?

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi Lynn

Having had the first single go down I will now take a 1/2 point each way double on Welsh Saint in the 2.40 at 11-2 1/4 odds for 5 places along with Ben Dundee at 11-1 1/4 odds 5 places in the 4.10.
    I will then wait until the next result comes in as Thursday is always a tough call at the festival due to the number of runners. 🙁

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by adminMike. Reason: Updated odds
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Welsh Saint simply did not jump well enough and although was still in contention on the home turn had nothing left in the tank. This leaves me with a string of runners such as A Plus Tard and Paisley Park running from the Ten To Follow thread and I will update the next bet just after the 3.30. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I knew this day was coming and the fact that not a single favourite has won today and the tricast on the last race paid over 28,000-1 shows you how tricky today was going to be.
    But we will go in again and hope for a change of luck in the last three.
    We will start with a 1/2 point each way double on Ben Dundee in the 4.10 at 10-1 1/4 odds 5 places along with Dolcita in the 4.50 at 8-1 for 4 places.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.