Long shot of the week (T)

Home Forums and Tips Goalpost’s Tips (T) Long shot of the week (T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I know it is ridiculous but at 155-1 for the double Wolves are on a high after beating Man City and take on Liverpool who have one eye on the fixture list also Sheffield United who are difficult to beat are taking on the aforementioned shell shocked Man City who are a few players down.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Although no prize payouts on the last bet both games were close and I just have to go with my beloved West Ham tonight at 100-1 on bet builder with bet 365.
    This involves West Ham winning by 2 or more goals having more than 4 corners in the first half Philipe Anderson scoring and there being 4 or more cards in the game.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by adminMike.
    GeeSportGeeSport
    Participant

Unlucky there Mike just one more booking needed and no yellow card given when the penalty was awarded. ??

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi Lynn
    Thanks close but no coconut I think is the expression but such is life 100-1 shots are difficult to get home but I hope those that had a punt had a bit of excitement along the way.
    Admittedly with all aspects of the bet except the cards home and hosed and twenty minutes to play I was hoping for minor fisticuffs 🙂 but you cant win them all.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I will take a punt on goals in the hope of a lively looking fixture in the Cardiff game today. I will go with both teams to score in both halves over nine corners in the match and most goals to be scored in the second half.
    This bet comes out at a 100-1 and might make for a bit of fun if there’s an early goal. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Right game, lively, both teams scored twice and over nine corners in the match but unfortunately no big win. However I will persevere with this thread as I honestly believe I am knocking on the door of late especially in the cup ties.
    I will be looking at the QPR v Swansea, Liverpool v Everton and obviously the Gillingham v West Ham games this afternoon and will update the thread when the teams sheets come out.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I will be looking to use a similar bet on todays game selection which will be both teams to score in both halves plus a set range of corners and either total cards (usually 3 or more) or if that option is not available (the odds can be skinny) a team to win from behind may be the next bets option.
    I cannot get odds on cards for the QPR v Swansea match so will bypass that game but will be looking at the meryside derby or for sure the game involving my beloved hammers, as that looks like being a lively one.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Well the QPR v Swansea game lived up to expectations with 6 goals, 17 corners and plenty of action but would not necessarily have been a winning bet. Lets just hope the two we are now looking to have a dabble at prove to be just as lively. 🙂
    I can get most of the options I require for the mersyside derby but as they one could be tight on early goals I will stick with the later Gillingham v West Ham game and play the following options on bet builder via bet365.
    Both teams to score in both halves, over 10 corners for both teams combined and over 3 cards in the match for both teams combined. The main reason for the decision is the uncertainty over West Ham’s keeper which could make the game more interesting than it should be.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I could not see anything worth a punt in the Premiership this weekend so I have had to take a look abroad and will take on the Roma v Juventus game.
    The bet is the usual both teams to score in both halves more than 3 cards in the game and over 9 corners in the game which you guessed it comes out at 100-1.
    I have my doubts over this bet as the game may take a little while to liven up and we desperately need this to be an all guns blazing first half. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I am going to stick with West Ham again tonight and as per a request from Joe will see if its possible to add a picture of the actual bet itself, to see if that would clarify the situation as regards to the type of bet being used.
    Its the usual 100-1 shot comprising of over 3 goals in the match and over 10 corners in the match for both teams combined then Mark Noble to both score and be booked. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    The idea of placing pictures on the site is problematic at the moment but I am still looking into it (along with the last post dates being incorrect in the main menu) but I am no techie so this may take a while. 🙂
    As for the West Ham game we had 15 corners 5 goals and Mark Noble scored so all he had to do was get himself booked and we were home and dry with a 100-1 shot. But you know how it goes It was squeeky bum time for the last 25 minutes with everything going to plan but despite his usual robust challenges it did not materialise, but such is life. 🙁

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I was asked last night why all my bets are 100-1 🙂 this is actually not the case as obviously I do bet shorter prices but for the purpose of the site the bigger the price the more fun I have with them.
    As for fun bets how about Andrew Roberston to score and get booked in the Liverpool v Wolves game plus over 3 goals and over 10 corners for both teams combined which makes it 400-1.
    I have no expectations of this bet coming off but it has solid logic behind it and makes for a great bit of fun when listening or watching the game.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Andrew Robertson got booked and there were 3 goals in the last bet but obviously this was another losing bet, but at 400-1 it was optimistic. 🙂
    However I will stick with Liverpool but this time in the FA Cup today against Shrewsbury and apart from the usual over 10 corners over 3 cards I will go with Harvey Elliot to score and both teams to score in the first half.
    Apologies for the late update but the bet originally involved Mane who did not make the starting line up.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by adminMike. Reason: Player to score change
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    A bit early for this weeks bet but with West Ham and Liverpool being my two favourite teams for this type of bet and with both having just missed out before, I have to take a punt on this one. 🙂
    I will revert to the old Mark Noble to score and get booked trick plus over 2 goals in the game and West Ham to get a result (win or draw) at 100-1.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by adminMike. Reason: Double result update available
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Not so clever in the last wager but there were a couple of goals, Mark Noble did manage to get booked but that was as far as the bet went. 🙁
    With that in mind I will go for one of the cup games tonight but not be so specific as to an individual player unless the teams are declared early. Therefore for tonights bet I will take a punt on the following bet for btts in both halves and over 9 corners with either Oxford or Coventry to win or Reading (to qualify). Obviously all of the above options work out at odds of 100-1 and although the Reading game looks the obvious one its a tough call.
    I will post the match when I get an idea of the lineups later on and if switching to an individual player to score or b get booked I bet will re-post in the next hour. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.