Long shot of the week (T)

Home Forums and Tips Goalpost’s Tips Long shot of the week (T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I have edited the original thread so as to clear all of last years posts but have left what was probably the best bet of last season as an example of what can be achieved.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by adminMike.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by adminMike.
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Apologies for last night but these things happen and in the current circumstances I cannot guarantee being around for tonights matches.
    Therefore I will take an early punt on the Tottenham v Southampton game and will hope for the same level of commitment as was shown in last nights matches.
    I will go with both teams to score in both halves over 9 corners in the game and the game to be a draw at half time with Tottenham going on to qualify. This bet carries the usual odds of 100-1.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Ten minutes to go and squeaky bum time for the site as both Tottenham and Southampton have scored in both halves, there have already been ten corners, it was level at half time so we just need Tottenham to go on to win. 100-1 shot here we come.??

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi (again)
    It surely does come to he who waits 🙂 with Spurs getting a late winner we have just hit our first winner of the thread and at 100-1 it has just made my day,week and month. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I hope that example from last seasons bets will give you an idea of the possibilities and last season we had two 100-1 winners from thirty bets so obviously had a brilliant run ending up with a +170 point profit.
    We have no illusions of doing this again but will start the thread off with a punt on the Liverpool v Leeds game tonight. The bet works out at 110-1 and is as follows.

Both teams to score in the first half
    Both teams to have over 2 corners in the first half
    Both teams to have over 5.5 free kicks in the first half
    Also there has to over 2 cards in the match

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    No joy with the last bet albiet a lively game but such is life.
    As for today there is more than just three points on offer today between Chelsea and Liverpool with both managers having a subtle pop at each other pre season.
    I can see this game getting off to a flyer and will go with over 2 goals plus the usual over 2 corners and 5.5 free kicks this time for both teams all in the first half.
    To obtain the odds of 110-1 I will add in over 3 cards in the game.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    It’s been a while since we tried this thread but I fancy today’s game between Chelsea v Crystal Palace could be a livley one, so we will go with the following options.

Both teams to have over 6.5 free kicks in the first half.
    There should also be over 10 corners,over 3 cards and over 3 goals in the match.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    We had a close call in the last game missing out by a yellow card but with I believe Anthony Taylor in charge of todays fixture that should not be a problem. 🙂
    We will try the West Ham v Man City game and will be looking for both teams to have over 5.5 free kicks in the first half followed by over 3 cards and over 11 corners in the game and to get the 100-1 required West Ham to either win or draw.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    There is a possible 100-1 shot in the Burnley v Tottenham game (assuming Tottenham have a fully fit line) up as I can see them giving Burnley a hard time of it tonight.
    I will update the bet when the line ups are announced tonight but it will involve Tottenham scoring over 3 goals with Kane and Min Son both scoring.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    To get the 100-1 I have had to go with Kane and Min Son to score Tottenham to win by 3 or more goals over 4 cards and over 11 corners in the match, with most goals being scored in the second half.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    No joy last time out but there is a nice looking 100-1 available in the Liverpool v West Ham game today.
    The bet is as follows and in the first half you will need both teams to have over 2 corners and over 5.5 free kicks followed by over 2 cards and 4 goals in the game.

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    It has been the best part of a month since I have put a wager up on here but with Liverpool playing Leicester tonight I just have to give it a go.
    I will go all of the following to happen in the First Half.

Both teams to have over 5.5 free kicks
    Both teams to have over 2 corners
    Over 1 card
    Over 1 goal

This is not my usual 100-1 but does come out at a decent looking 70-1

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    I just have to have a punt here for the boxing day fixtures so here goes
    There are three fixtures of interest for some first half action but only two of them have the free kick option. 🙁
    Hence we will go with both of the remaining two games which are Leicester v Man United and Arsenal v Chelsea.

Apart from the option for both Man United and Chelsea to win their respective games the following apply to both games.

Over 11.5 free kicks in the first half
    Over 0 cards in the first half
    Over 2 goals in the first half
    over 5 corners in the first half
    over 2 cards in the second half

The United game comes out at 90-1
    The Chelsea game comes out at 110-1

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    No joy but a close call in the Arsenal game which has isnpired to use the same bet today.
    We will go with the Leeds v Burnley game today.

Over 11.5 free kicks in the first half
    Over 0 cards in the first half
    Over 2 goals in the first half
    over 5 corners in the first half
    over 2 cards in the second half
    The only difference is that I am going with Leeds to win which comes out at a 110-1

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Although common sense would dictate I leave this thread alone before totalling it up for the 2020. I have never been sensible and have to have one last crazy punt before this year slips away.
    I had been thinking that tonights game between Man United and Wolves could be a lively one and when chatting to JoeH today he put me on to the fact that the referee for tonights fixture hands out cards like confetti so here goes.

Man United to score more than 2 goals in the game
    Harry Macguire to both get booked and score
    There to be a red card in the game
    There must be over 10 corners and over 28.5 free kicks in the game

Yes I know it to be a ridiculous long shot but at 1000-1 I am hoping for some action early doors which might lead to a cash out option hence I have split my bet. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.