Horses to Follow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    As the racing has come to standstill for the foreseeable future I believe this is the perfect opportunity to start off a thread on horses to follow for the coming season. I would first recommend that you get yourself a Horse Tracker system set up which can be done via most bookmakers and horse racing sites.
    I personally use the one listed here http://www.irishracing.com/horsetracker which does require you to log in as a member but it is free and they will send you an e-mail when any horse you have listed is due to run. 🙂
    I will be linking this thread to several other on this site such as the Cheltenham Countdown and the Key Race System .
    To start the ball rolling I will put up a brief reasoning behind the five ante post tips I have put up in the first article on the 2021 ante post bet featured here on the Cheltenham Countdown.
    Elixir D’Ainey had previously run a blinder behind Envoi Allen and although listed as being a faller at the festival was badly hamperd twice and more or less knocked over on the second occasion when travelling well in the Supreme Hurdle. Now although he may remain hurdling the owner has a wealth of decent hurdlers on the go and if this one goes chasing looks ideal at 50-1 for the Arkle.
    The Big Breakaway is an interesting ex point to point winner who ran a clear fourth behind Envoi Allen in the Ballymore but did not clear his hurdles fast enough to be competitive. I believe going chasing would be a natural progression for this one and the step up in trip on this occassion would seem to be ideal. With this in mind we have had a tickle at 33-1 for the RSA.
    Saint Roi is a French import who won impressively well at the festival and could yet be the real deal. Having only run a few times and as he is hailing from the Mullins yard this 5yo just might have be good enough to make up into a top flight contender next year. I am shooting for the stars with this one but I was that impressed that last run we have taken the 25-1 for next years Champion Hurdle.
    Chantry House was noted by quite a few last year and ran well behind Shiskin and Abracadabas but was never really going to get competitive. This is another one that I believe will eventully go chasing and I fancy the Marsh Novice Chase could be a possible target at the next festival and we have taken the 20-1 on offer.
    Aione is a lightly raced 7yo and I will probabaly be shot down in flames for putting this one up but this ex point to point winner just may be the type for the longer trips next year and we have already taken the 66-1 on offer for the NH Chase.
    I have only mentioned the target races to give you an indication of where I believe they could end up running but bear in mind this is fanciful speculation at best. 🙂

adminMike
    Keymaster

Hi
    Just to keep the ball rolling, here is an odditty of a horse called Da Big Fella who has never looked like troubling the judge to date but has been running against some very decent opposition and I fancy could spring a surprise when sent handicapping.
    If nothing else in the interim he may be worth following in the each way extra markets for those all important midfield finishes as he tends to start at huge prices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.